2.22.2010

3 weeks and 3 days

At Rock Harbor on Sunday, Mike Erre spoke on Luke 10, the story of the good Samaritan. Having heard it a bunch of times I often read over it, remembering the obvious lesson of "helping others" and then proceed on to Luke 11. Mike gave background and examples relevant to today to explain the significance and the point of the message. What struck me from the message was that it's not just about being good and loving your neighbor, but about who you think your neighbor is. The samaritan is the worst, most detestable example God could have used for the Scholar. Jesus points to the heart in showing that how you treat people is a reflection of the feelings in your heart.

The second point, the one relevant to 3 and 3, is that this is an example of how I'll be learning at Capernwray College. The background that makes the stories and message relevant beyond the obvious (it's the between the lines, or the deeper meaning...every great book has them). I'm so excited to spend 5 days a week on this. Instead of the once a week (or maybe twice counting Bible study) i'll get 3-5 times that many (and since we have 5 classes a day) it's more like 15 times. I'm going to learn a lot!

My prayer is that God prepares my heart and mind and gives me the wisdom to understand the teachings, the diligence to dive in and the commitment to keep it up and not let it go to waste.

Thank you for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie,

    After reading your postings I think you are going to do great at Capernwray College!!!

    ReplyDelete