11.30.2009

Two things

God showed me two things yesterday that I want to share:
1 Tim 6:17 - 17Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
--For our enjoyment! How cool is that :).
---He isn't a man but God. I can't figure him out or predict His plan. I can say yes and follow, believing that He has set a life before me that will be of use to His plan and of enjoyment for me, His child. How comforting!

Romans 8:26 - 26In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
--The Holy Spirit helps us pray - to communicate with the creator. We can talk to Him anytime we want.
---I started thinking about how I talk to God. I'm very serious when I pray but it sounds just like when I talk - i use similar phrases. I believe God is doing BIG things - I'm seeing them play out before me each day. To think that I can speak to God, that the Holy Spirit is helping me through it, is bigger than i can put in words. I don't know how else to describe it other than "doing big things." How do we approach our relationship with the Lord. Are we different when we address Him or are we the same. I used to put on my "proper" voice when praying but God knows me, sees me and hears me every minute of every day. Why change that? I have respect for Him but I also have a deep personal relationship with Him and I know it's not how I say it but that I bring it before Him; lay it at His feet. That's what really matters, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment